2020 Report: Add Video to Your Marketing Mix in 2021
As 2020 wraps up and 2021 falls upon us, it is important to look back and reflect on the trends that emerged over the past year. The massive shift toward working from home has changed how so many businesses operate and how they reach customers.
One major trend to acknowledge and expand upon in the new year is the use of video, whether that be in marketing, social media, sales, or webinars, video saw a significant increase in usage for product and business marketing, according to an end-of-year report by Demand Metric and Vidyard. Here are some key takeaways from 2020:
- Video use in sales jumped up to 56%, compared to 29% in 2019.
- Fifty-six percent of respondents in the report also used video in webinars, a growing trend as travel and large gatherings have stalled in the business world.
- Among webinars, organizations also began using more video for internal communications (29%) and training purposes (47%).
- Of the marketing and business professionals surveyed, 76% agreed that video was “an important form of content for their organization.”
- CRM (customer relationship management) video integration and subsequent data usage is being used more than the previous year (13% in 2020 versus 8% in 2019).
Bottom line, video ROI is increasing, sales teams are appreciating the benefits video can offer, and webinar video recordings, among others, are rising in popularity given the current state of affairs. So now the question is: How will you utilize video in 2021?
Click here to view the full report.